This Lemon and Raspberry Banana Bread is naturally sweet and free from refined sugars. It’s great as a snack, or as an easy breakfast option for you and your baby. It’s full of flavour, nutrients and fresh fruit to get you started in the morning. Plus it’s freezer-friendly and great for batch cooking.
This recipe is from my Freezer Meal e-book packed full of advice on how to get the most out of your freezer. From top tips on freezing food, how to do it safely and over 30 recipes for you to batch cook and freeze them.
Makes: Approx. 10 Slices
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
150g (¾ cup) butter, melted
2 ripe bananas, peeled
200g (1 ½ cups) self-raising flour
125ml (½ cup) milk
2 tbsp apple or pear puree
½ lemon, juiced
2 tsp cinnamon
100g (½ cup) porridge oats
200g (7 oz) fresh or frozen raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, use a whisk to thoroughly combine the mashed bananas, milk, melted butter, eggs, apple or pear puree and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon, flour and oats.
- Transfer the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Add the fresh or frozen raspberries and fold in gently.
- Pour the mixture into your lined loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted in the bread comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving.
For Baby 6 months+
Cut into small pieces or fingers and let baby self-feed. Offer as a dipper with yoghurt, cream, jam, etc.
Check out our Freezer Meals E-Book for more great freezer-friendly recipes