This delicious 25-minute one-pot vegetarian lasagne could not be easier to make! So full of flavour, this dish is bound to please even the fussiest of eaters. It’s the perfect meat-free dinner option that doubles up as a food flask filler for school lunches the next day.
Tip: Make extra of the lasagne sauce, portion into our portion pots and freeze for up to 3 months. This sauce is super versatile and can be used for other pasta dishes, stews or just enjoyed on its own!
Makes: 4 x Adults
Cook Time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 courgette, grated
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp tomato puree
400g (14 oz) tinned green or brown lentils
700g (25 oz) passata
250ml (1 cup) low salt vegetable stock
150g (5 ¼ oz) uncooked lasagne sheets
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chilli flakes
Fresh basil, chopped
100g Cheddar cheese, grated, for topping
Salt* and pepper, to taste
*Omit salt for baby
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Then add the tomato puree, carrot and courgette and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Once the grated carrot and courgette are softened, add the lentils, passata, vegetable stock, oregano, chilli flakes and salt and pepper, if using. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble uncooked lasagna sheets into bite-sized pieces and add to pot, stirring consistently for 4-5 minutes. If needed, add more vegetable stock.
- You can add more or fewer lasagna sheets to change the consistency of the dish.
- Add more salt and pepper and spices if desired
- Once lasagna sheets are cooked through, turn off the heat and mix in the fresh basil.
- Serve as is or top with cheddar cheese and serve with a side of crusty bread.
For baby 6 months+
Offer as finger food and let baby self-feed. Blend sauce by itself and offer as puree if baby is not ready for texture.