At Mummy Cooks we are all about cooking for the family and adapting for baby. This easy roasted vegetable dish is perfect as finger food for your weaning baby and as a side dish for the family.
Whip up a batch for dinner for the entire family and then keep any leftover vegetables for extra finger foods for the days following.
We love serving this with any left over filling from our Stuffed Peppers, it makes for a delicious dipping sauce!
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
Makes: 3 Adult portions
3 rooster potatoes, peeled and diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
3 parsnips, peeled and diced
3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
Drizzle of oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Lay out all of the vegetables on a baking tray and drizzle with the oil.
- Give it a good mix and add in the garlic.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, until all of the vegetables are cooked through, tossing half way through.
- Once cooked remove the garlic.
- Serve as is or allow to cool before portioning.
Weaning and Storage
6 months+ – Introduce as a finger food for baby to pick up and self feed. Add dips such as Stuffed Peppers to increase variety.