If you love all things garlic then fire up your BBQ (or oven) and make a batch of these Garlic and Mint Lamb Skewers. And because you just can’t get enough garlic, I’ve teamed them up with a garlic yoghurt sauce which you can make in a few seconds!
Serve it veggies of your choice. If you’ve got your BBQ going, my Corn on the Cob pairs perfectly with this.
Makes: 8 x Skewers
750g lamb neck fillets, cut into 3cm chunks
2 tbsp olive oil
80ml lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried mint leaves
8 wooden skewers
250g Greek-style yogurt
1 garlic clove, minced
Couscous 400g couscous
1 tbsp olive oil
500ml low salt chicken stock
Handful chopped mint leaves (optional)
- Marinade your lamb by placing it into a bowl and adding in the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and dried mint. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Next make your yoghurt sauce by mixing yogurt and garlic and placing in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Preheat your BBQ to 200c or medium to high heat. Tread the lamb onto the skewers and season with salt.
- Place the skewers onto the preheated grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, start to prepare your couscous by placing it into a bowl and adding olive oil and warm stock. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Before serving add butter and mint leaves and fluff it through with a fork.
- Serve the lamb kebabs on a bed of couscous and your choice of vegetables.