We’ve been enjoying bread making at home, & yesterday we thought we’d try our hand at making some Easter Bunny Bread! The recipe we followed was so quick & easy, just perfect to make with toddlers who like quick results, & the finished product was delicious too!
The recipe we used was from Doves Farm & if you visit their site you’ll find many more delicious recipes to enjoy. There are some great gluten-free recipes, & I love the fact that their products are organic & fairly traded too.)
500g Doves Farm strong bread flour (we used half white & half wholemeal)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of Doves Farm quick yeast
275ml hand hot water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Mix together the flour, salt, sugar & quick yeast
2. Pour in the water & mix the ingredients together to form a rough dough
3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface
4. Using the bunny cookie cutter cut out as many rolls as you wish.
5. Place on a lightly greased tin/baking sheet
6. Cover with a clean damp cloth & leave to rise somewhere warm for 25mins.
7. Remove cloth & place in a preheated oven for 20-45 mins depending on size of bread. (Our rolls took around 20mins to cook)
Once our bread had been cooked & cooled someone couldn’t wait to sample it! 10 out of 10 was her verdict, & I think I’d have to agree. We’ll definitely be using this Doves Farm recipe again as the rolls were delicious & so quick & easy to prepare.
If you’re looking for an Easter sandwich filling for your Easter rolls, how about adding someEaster Bunny Cress along with some cheese, ham, or egg!Happy baking & happy munching!